248. Idea - Creating Supply Chain Agility Through Software
March 06, 2023
Electrical Equipment Company
In this episode we explore the ways in which software can help create supply chain agility. Ara Surenian discusses the importance of supply chain agility, the role of software in achieving it, and some examples of software solutions that can be used to enhance supply chain agility.
Specific areas explored are:
- What is supply chain agility? Ara explains that supply chain agility refers to the ability of a supply chain to quickly and effectively respond to changes in demand, disruptions, and other unexpected events. It involves having the flexibility to adjust production, inventory, and logistics in real-time.
- How can software help create supply chain agility? Ara unpacks several ways in which software can enhance supply chain agility, such as by providing real-time visibility into inventory levels and shipment status, enabling predictive analytics to anticipate demand and optimize production, and automating manual processes to improve efficiency and reduce errors.
- Examples of software solutions for supply chain agility. We highlight some popular software solutions that can be used to improve supply chain agility, including transportation management systems, warehouse management systems, and demand planning tools. Each of these solutions provides unique features and benefits that can be tailored to the needs of a specific organization.
- Best practices for implementing software solutions. For those looking to implement software solutions for supply chain agility, Ara offers some advice on best practices, such as involving all stakeholders in the selection process, testing software thoroughly before implementation, and providing adequate training and support to end-users.
We hope that this episode has shed some light on how software can help create supply chain agility. Remember, achieving supply chain agility is a continuous process that requires collaboration, innovation, and a willingness to adapt to changing circumstances.
Remember to keep asking why!
Guest: Ara Surenian VP Product Management at PLEX
Host: Chris Grainger
Executive Producer: Adam Sheets